15 States File Petitions to WH, to secede from USA
15 States including Texas have filed a petition to secede from the United States
As of Saturday November 10, 2012, 15 States have petitioned the Obama Administration for withdrawal from the United States of America in order to create its own
- mdzierbun @CarlF - I agree, I don't think there is anything serious behind these petitions and don't think any of them will be honored by this administration, I look at it more as a message to the Administration, that people are fed up.
- CarlF I would prefer instead that there be a petition to make Congress follow the original intent of the Constitution. If they did, there would be no deficit, no Obamacare, no income tax, etc. Money would be collected and spent locally on things the voters want government to do, and would be responsible for paying to it. But, Liberals hate to have to pay for anything.
- MangyOldFella I'll guess I'll have to move I am in the land of the fruits and nuts and they are going to bankrupt us all.
- mdzierbun @JBagley - The reason we have 16 trillion in debt is because of the federal government and the bureaucracies they create. States want to legalize medical marijuana and the feds spend billions to shut them down and deny them the rights to regulate themselves. Enough is enough!
- JBagley If even 10 states stopped paying taxes, that 20% of missed income would be devastating to a Fed budget that already is beyond 16 trillion in the negative.
- wbigwurm there is nothing wrong with helping folks who really need it but there are those who are abusing the privilage and no over site to reign in thr fraud
- wbigwurm thru history in any civilization you will find that the people will only be pushed so far by the ruling class. you can say the republicans are the ruling class and most are rich men, but for the most, and most being teaparty folks they belive in limited government. what the government gives you it can take it away as well. so when you have a nation of takers outnumber the makers, the makers have right to defend what is theirs.
- sunleaflounge @Ripped - From the other 35 states if they seceded
- Ripped Looks like the makers are getting tired of the takers. Eventually enough is enough.
- Ripped @sunleaflounge - Where do you think the federal government gets it's funding?
- mdzierbun @sunleaflounge - stay under the current out of control system and lose everything. Its coming and and people are waking up to the realization that when Greece style austerity comes, they have a much better shot surviving without those who caused it. Its also a process and right given to the states to exit the choke hold of a federal government thats grown too big and out of control.
- sunleaflounge LOL CUT FEDERAL FUNDING FOR 1 YEAR AND SEE HOW MANY OF THOSE STATES COME CRAWLING BACK