Which Monopoly piece should be replaced?
Public votes as Monopoly prepares for token change
Hasbro is preparing to scrub one of the Monopoly playing pieces from the iconic board game and the company is letting the public vote for which one gets the ax. The fate of every classic MONOPOLY token rests in your hands, the company touts on its Facebook page, the place where people will be asked to vote a token off the board.
- WBDavis01 Let it be. It ain't broke, is it?
- teresac Why not just add a new piece or pieces? I like all the old pieces, too, why not show the past amidst the progress?
- chapelvi The thimble is something used to saw, so it will be well replaced by the cute little robot.
- chapelvi Something used to saw is better replaced by a cute little robot.
- veronicagrindstaff1 How about none !
- angelbalboa NONE
- afvdaviddehnejr1 I don't think I've ever even SEEN the cannon. That would be my choice to get rid of. Maaaaybe the shoe. But otherwise, all the other pieces are IMMEDIATELY recognized, and are synonymous with, MONOPOLY.
- dianegodbout3 Some alternate possibilities,mini cell phone/ipad/lap top/desk top computer.white house,lets replace all occupents there ;-)
- michaelgrunewald The thimble is rather outmoded.
- Arvada So who still buys board games?
- stephenwspry I would not change a single PIECE
- lazydog37 no, no, not the IRON!
- paulhinz Why not just add a new piece (btw - on one wants to be the shoe).
- memiket NONE! Just add and new piece or two to bring it up to date. Why in the world replace on?
- cap117 its ovomit you supercilious fools -- stop posing such inane questions or i will no longer answer --- ovomit is the problem supported by the scum sucking lib dems (or lib tards ) and the even worse scum sucking media -- keep your eyes on the target or you will never hit it
- bmcnealy1 I propose they keep them all and re-fresh them all with all with 2013 versions
- marcasantacroce No one ever chose the canon
- robeleader @dianegodbout3 - Exactly, the Republicrats single party system is absurd, time for real change to a new party with real ideas, thoughts, and coherent speech.
- aliprowl Replace dog with a cat! (I know that will enrage millions...)
- PatrickGentry NONE!!!!
- jmae The stupidity never ceases to amaze me!!!!!
- dianegodbout3 None of them,we need to change the monopoly on capital hill..
- wendylabrum Must be a lot of "modern" voters to want to eliminate the iron. It is my favorite.....
- davetowle1 None
- govworker The current administration in Washington!That is the biggest monopoly on the earth.
- beare55 WHY BOTHER, CAN'T THET JUST LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE?????
- ScottJohnston This is a brilliant marketing move by Hasbro. Replacing ALL the pieces would have been a disaster (think New Coke), but replacing one piece, and making it social gets everyone involved with the brand again.