Chris Matthews "so glad" for Sandy - sick or sad?
MSNBC's Chris Matthews branded a 'sicko' for saying he was 'so glad' that Sandy had helped President Obama's re-election
Chris Matthews has caused outrage for saying that he was 'so glad' that lethal superstorm Sandy and its aftermath had aided President Obama's re-election bid
- shimmo He should be thrown off the air
- Pinkymae Chris Matthews is an d always has been disgusting along with MSNBC...
- kaylastarshine1 @kaylastarshine1 - oops. *blushes* I of course meant to say disgusting, not "disgustying" lol got a little too worked up.
- kaylastarshine1 Disgustying and sad. No excuse what so ever to be "happy" a disaster that killed people and ruined homes and lives, is a "good" thing because it helped him get his tingles back. If a republican had said something like this they would be massacred by the left and the right. I am sick of people pulling this "taken out of context" line. Nobody seems to give reps the benefit of the doubt when they say "taken out of context" so I don't want to hear it from lefties either.
- sunleaflounge @cchanldy - Thank you for your honesty Nuff said
- cchanldy @sunleaflounge - How can it be taken out of context when the entire video was posted? Yes, he said he thought the damage & loss was bad, but he was still happy it helped Obama. That is the context. That is what's wrong. There's no "taking out of context" involved.
- sunleaflounge @cchanldy - Keep those blinders on and in 2016 you will see this party collapse. Stop making up your own narrative it was taken out of context. "He clear stated... that he was happy that Sandy helped Obama in election but thought it was horrible the damage & lose of lives the storm caused.
- cchanldy @sunleaflounge - it wasn't taken out of context. The context was right there in the video at the bottom of the piece. He said it. It's not a "non-issue." It's indicative of how he thinks. Pretending the context isn't there in the video's the problem. Too many Americans have deliberately decided to ignore what they don't want to hear. The madness will stop when people stop holding their hands over their ears pretending they don't hear what they hear.
- sunleaflounge When is are party going to stop complaining about trivial, stupid, non-issue comments that are clearly taken out of context then burst at the seems with false outrage. We need to get real about party reform and stop lying to ourselves. It is clear taking people out of context and mis-quoting them does not progress our agenda. We have been doing this since 2008 but things like the truth exist on the internet please Stop the madness.
- MangyOldFella He would've said the same thing if Katrina was active during an election year.