Arresting people who speak out against Gov, is?
Marine detained for Facebook posts speaks out
Authoritarian & Un-American
What Obama would like.
Justified, you should support Gov
Supported by 0bama/Romney see NDAA
Civil Commitment is different than arrest
Last week a judge found that there was no legal basis to hold Brandon Raub in a psychiatric ward against his will. This after the Twenty-six year old Raub wa...
- jemonaco The repeal of the Alien and Sedition acts ~1802 reflects the true American character.
I expect NDAA will be repealed or the Republic will be replaced by an new oligarchy (the real reason American patriots fought the revolution).
- CarolSpringer we have freedom of speach
- JeremyMasters IT IS OUR RIGHT as humans to speak out against our governments, especially if they're not doing their job right, which they haven't in decades!
- nyedger It's what the Nazis did.
- wideawake @koffee the Gov trained you well. Good sheep never rebel, they discredit anything that doesn't show up on Fox News or CNN. Good boy, keep trolling!
- wideawake @ripped- yep and koffee here is leading the way! He is as bad as they get!
- koffee @wideawake RT America - aka Russia Today - is headquartered in Moscow. So what if they have offices in DC, it's still a Russian news agency. I guess this just shows that if you look hard enough, you'll find a news source that says what you want to hear.
- Ripped @mdzierbun - Yeah Buddy, the dumbing down of America has been a success.
- mdzierbun @Ripped - I know its hard to have a real open discussion on wayin. If its not on Fox News or CNN it must be made up. People repeat the main stream news rhetoric like its gospel and base their opinion about the world from what they are told to believe. No one knows how to use critical thought anymore. It's sad!
- mdzierbun @rondemena - He was not active, he just got done serving 2 terms. There are over 20,000 cases this year alone in Verginia of people getting snatched up from their homes without cause. Look at the DHS papers of who they describe as possible terrorists and you will find "returning veterans" as possible terrorists. Maybe that has something to do with silencing those who come home with true stories about what really goes on overseas.
- wideawake @koffee - RT America is in Washington DC and I am sure you already knew that, go somewhere else to discredit trustworthy sources. If you haven't heard RT was nominated for Emmy News award this year for Occupy Wallstreet coverage. Im sure you went around discrediting their coverage of that too. You sound more and more like a Troll.
- rondemena The qualifier is if the person is active in the military. If so detainment could be appropriate. If the person was no longer bound contractually, then freedom of speech and it's wrong.
- koffee The issue aside, I think it's hilarious that the attached *Russian* news is criticizing *us* for detaining someone for speaking against the government.
- Ripped @mdzierbun - Why is it that these mouthbreathers just don't get it?
- Ripped Vote all you like the flight plan doesn't change. Romney will pick up where 0bama leaves off, just like 0bama picked up where Bush left off.
- mdzierbun If you think Romney will stop detaining people who speak out against the Gov, you are wrong! He vocally expressed his support for the NDAA act obama signed to detain american citizens indefinately without due process. This is not a left/right issue, its an American issue.
- mdzierbun Can we stop with this Left/Right crap as if Bush wasn't detaining people without cause, even torturing... I don't like Obama as the next guy but it dilutes an important issue that deserves a serious discussion. Both Democrats and Republicans approve and vote for the Patriot Act and even the NDAA. Even Romney supported both bills.